Our client is looking for Skilled junior Desktop Support Engineer, with 1-3 years of day to day user Desktop Support experience and eager to progress their career towards a more independent role with exposure to a wider range of networks and technologies.
- Initial induction of 1-2 months based in our office offering remote support to our clients in order to get familiar with our systems.
- Then introduced onto onsite support for our various largest clients, which offers a huge exposure to a wide variety of customers and technologies.
- You would be trained and supported by the lead engineer as well as being able to refer and escalate to the full range of our engineers.
- The majority of clients are in Zones 1-2.
- 1-3 years of User Desktop Support experience – i.e. solid desktop support skills.
- This needs to be either with an MSP or a candidate which has had sole responsibility of the IT department of a small company i.e. full end to end administration experience.
- Core technology experience:
- Hands-on Windows desktop support building PCs and fixing operating system/driver/software issues.
- Microsoft Office – resolving customer issues on all versions.
- Server administration (e.g. Active Directory, group policy, logon problems including remote logon issues).
- 365 and Exchange administration – e.g. mailbox limits, mailbox sharing, ISP/DNS/MX issues.
- Smartphone email support (e.g. mailbox setup and synchronisation issues).
- A self-managing individual with attention to detail and documentation, aware of how to interact differently and prioritise depending on level of seniority of the end user.
- Fluent in spoken and written English – required for telephone helpdesk calls and customer correspondence.
Our client is someone who believes that IT people can and will be the driving force of any organisation’s success, if they can constantly adapt its business processes to changing mark conditions. They help a wide range of companies of a variety of sizes to get the best out of their IT. The services they provide range from fully managed services hosting through to complex infrastructure projects, business IT transformation programmes and General IT Support.
- Quarterly performance review with management to focus career progression.
- Mobile phone and laptop. Remuneration of all work expenses.
- MCSE training plan – study material, study leave and exam costs provided. Bonus of £500 for every exam passed towards MCSE.
- Regular opportunities for overtime.
- Long service increases in holiday allocation – 1 day extra 1 holiday per 1 year of service.
- Other: Cycle to work scheme, Christmas & Summer Events + other social outings through the year.
Reference code: JR283