2nd Line Support Engineer
Are you a quick thinker with a passion for problem-solving? Our client is looking for an excellent communicator with impressive people skills to fill the position of 2nd Line Support Engineer with retail software experience. Ideally, you will require an IT background that helps you deliver first-class Analysis on customers Retail Pro & IT systems.
No two days at this role are the same, and your ability to build rapport with their diverse range of customers will ensure success in this role. You might work with a well-known apparel brand on one call and support a high-end jeweller client the next. Their customers range from footwear to fashion and more, making this position an exciting and challenging one that requires you to think on your feet. You’ll support each customer according to their unique needs, offering a tailor-made solution that suits their business.
You’ll be quick, efficient and personable; they’re looking for someone motivated, loves taking the initiative and finding fresh new ways to solve problems. As a real team player, you’ll report directly to our CEO, ensuring that all issues are communicated effectively across all levels. Experience with Retail Pro, IT, EPOS & Stock Management solutions will get their attention – and certification on versions 8 series or 9 series is a pre-requisite.
- Great with customers, in person and over the phone
- A systematic thinker with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Testing & Analysis Skills to establish software errors & solutions
- A confident communicator, with customers and colleagues
- A great team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Hard-working and loyal
- Focused on customer & systems security with definite plans to manage incidents and disaster recovery
- A quick learner who takes pride in their work
- You take ownership of your tasks and see them through to completion
- Retail Solutions experience, preferably with Retail Pro. However, alternate solutions would also show an understanding of supporting an epos and stock management solution.
- Able to develop test plans for IT & Retail Pro Software
- Able to provide quality feedback to software owners regarding build & quality
- Experience with POS hardware, i.e. receipt printers, touch screens, all in one unit, stock take scanners, credit card devices.
- Exposure to a helpdesk working environment
- Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server 2008 & 2012 and Windows 7, 8 & 10.
- Ability to provide support to those using Microsoft Office applications.
- IPv4 Networking Technologies – understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, DHCP, DNS and network security (proxy servers, firewalls).
- Experience of configuring and supporting networked and local (USB) printers.
- An understanding of networking, implementing a network, cabling, configuring routers, switches etc.
- Experience in setting anti-virus solutions, email and web filtering, remote access security, firewalls, intrusion detection, password controls and security management.
- Ability to support smartphone users
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to provide clear and concise documentation and record information in the service desk system. Create Help Guides, Knowledgebase documents, and change documents.
- Excellent customer focus and ability to build rapport.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, driven by the achievement of agreed objectives.
- Ability to organize and execute team objectives and plans.
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage assigned workload and priorities.
- Flexibility to take on new products, services, strategies, ways of working etc.
- Ability to proactively research alternatives and solutions to issues and act.
- Excellent telephone manner and communicator at all levels.
- Excellent Grammar and customer service skills
- A car owner with a clean driving license, and willingness to travel within the UK.
- Knowing ConnectWise and having used it before
- Experience with proactive monitoring tools such as NABLE & Automate Control
- CSS Skills
- SQL Skills
- Oracle Skills
Our clients aim to empower customers with technology. Their customer’s jobs are to sell and offer their consumers the best possible service they can. Our client is there to help with this process. They have a reputation for being super-fast at responding and resolving client issues which are crucial in their fast-paced environments. They have a never give up attitude and always try to go above and beyond the call of duty, ensuring they focus on attention to detail. They work proactively to ensure technology is still supporting your business, and we react fast to any problems when required.
- Travel costs
- 20+ Days Holiday