Are you an IT professional at 2nd line level and want to go into a new exciting opportunity?
Working within their Managed Services team, you will assume the function of an IT system administrator for a wide range of clients who have outsourced their IT support to my client. This involves the monitoring and management of client backups, routers and firewalls, servers and device endpoints to ensure issues are handled proactively with minimal impact on the client. Resolving issues efficiently, identifying and correcting trends is a key part of the role.
- Delivery of quality, proactive managed services across my client’s client base.
- Network Operations Centre – Monitoring
- Backup Management
- Firewall Management
- Endpoint Management and Managed AV
- Patch Management
- Effective handling of escalated critical issues needing high-level attention.
- Management of risk and downtime during maintenance windows
- To provide to the role of IT Administrator / IT Manager for an increasing number of outsourced IT systems.
- Proactive assessment of events to reduce incidents.
- Responding to, handling alerts, incidents and escalated problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution.
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams
- IT Administrative tasks following the client onboarding or change to the services provided.
- Solid previous experience in supporting or managing Microsoft networks and associated technologies.
- Experience with the following Technologies:
- Networking and Firewalls – Cisco, Dell, Fortinet
- Microsoft Servers 2008 – 2016
- Linux Servers – Administering and troubleshooting
- Cloud platforms – O365, Azure, AWS, Mimecast
- RMM and Professional Monitoring toolsets
- Backup solutions – Backup Exec, VEEAM, Ahsay, DPM
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning, organisation and risk assessment
- Good understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- Experience troubleshooting using monitoring metrics
- Experience of problem management
Our client is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
- Working hours are 40 to 45 hours a week, rotational early and late shifts (based on a 4 on, 4 off pattern)
- Office located in Swinton, Manchester
- Package depending on experience (plus shift allowance)
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare (a whole array a benefits!)