Are you currently working in 3rd line support but want to lead on more projects? If so, a leading real estate development companies is currently recruiting a Senior IT Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will use their superior experience and knowledge to provide technical support for the internal service desk and project workstreams. You’ll be acting as a point of escalation working together with the IT Manager, IS team and 3rd party suppliers. This role will also play an integral part in the planning and delivery of the company’s internal projects so strong communication and stakeholder management skills are essential.
- Primarily the 3rd Line escalation point for technical queries from in-house helpdesk as well as external consultants to ensure issues are progressed effectively as well as monitoring their own IT helpdesk ticket queue.
- Interacts with internal users on all levels to help resolve IT related issues in order to prioritise and answer them in a timely manner.
- Providing technical administration of systems (such as Horizon, Knowledge, OpenAsset, FME, etc) including system configuration and regular data transfers, data migration, management of system interfaces as well as other regular administration tasks.
- Responding to technical user queries for specific systems (Horizon, Knowledge, CRM, FME, etc)
- Administration, maintenance and development of PowerShell scripts as well as basic administration of SQL databases.
- Assist our MSP by supporting the delivery and on-going maintenance of network security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Assist in the planning and execution of disaster recovery testing and implementing and post-test remediations where required.
- Assist the IT Manager in the development of business cases, conducting research on suitable technologies and making suggestions based on technical expertise.
- Managing implementation of IT projects through both the hands on technical delivery and working with external consultants to complete scopes of work.
- Prepare scopes of work, reports, and other documentation for IT projects based on a broad and detailed knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
Skills and experience required
- Microsoft O365.
- Azure, Intune, Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Active directory, Group policy.
- SharePoint, CRM, Exchange, SQL, IIS, SCCM.
- Patching, Antivirus, PowerShell.
- Server Management – Monitoring, troubleshooting, testing restorations.
- Strong IT service management experience.
- Experience of Service Now platform.
- ITIL foundation qualified (preferable).
Reference code: JR237