A long-established Managed Service Provider (MSP) organisation is looking for an experienced and articulate Systems Engineer/Systems Administrator/Network Administrator, to join their expanding infrastructure support team. The candidate will be working from Fulham office and will be required to visit client site in EU/Asia when required with expenses paid for.
The Candidate will be responsible for the UK/EU customer backend infrastructure, providing a point of contact for escalations from our 1st / 2nd line teams, which currently support approx. 500 users. Duties will include 40% project work and 60% BAU, mainly research/design/implementation of solutions for our customers. You will be expected to mentor colleagues, manage a team of 6 serviced desk engineers and be willing to share your technical knowledge and experience, work closely with your IT colleagues to support day-to-day IT operations in the region, make changes and/or upgrades to maintain the backend systems under change control guidance and report directly to the IT Operations Director.
In order to be suitable for this position you must have proven experience working in a Systems Engineer, Windows Systems Administrator, 3rd Line Engineer, Team Leader or similar role covering server, network and application support/administration and experience implementing solutions as well as maintaining them. It is essential to have a broad technical skill set including Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Hyper-V or VMware, Active Directory, Exchange 2016/2019 SAN/NAS, TCP/IP, switch and firewall administration (ideally Cisco Catalyst/ASA/FTD).
Seeking applicants with the following:
- Good all-round experience of multiple infrastructure technologies.
- Advanced Microsoft Server skills, VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V including build & administration.
- Microsoft Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, RDS support.
- Some scripting experience PowerShell, VBScript, Bash etc.
- VEEAM Backup and Replication knowledge.
- Monitoring of infrastructure using Nagios, SolarWinds or similar.
- Networking experience TCP/IP, VLAN configuration.
- Linux system administration on RHEL/CentOS/Debian (basic knowledge).
- Undertake new project work, research and design solutions.
- Building, maintaining servers – virtual and physical.
- Good customer awareness, ability to manage customer expectations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, self-starter, self-motivated, team player.
- Able to work under pressure, against timelines and good at multitasking.
- A good understanding of service support best practices.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and ability to follow process.
- Perform day-to-day SAN/NAS support, maintenance and configuration.
- Provide regular service summary regarding service availability, incidents and changes.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation and handover for ongoing operations.
- OS: Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 (AD, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, RDS, Failover Cluster).
- Virtualisation platform: VMware vSphere/Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Messaging: Exchange 2013/2016/2019.
- Microsoft O365 management and migration from on-prem to O365/Exchange Online.
- TCP/IP: switch/firewall network administration and subnetting.
- Firewall and VPN site-to-site, VPN Remote experience configuring firewall rules, VLAN configuration.
- SAN/NAS: iSCSI/DAS/CIFS/NFS.
- Backup/DR: VEEAM, Zerto or similar.
- MS PowerShell.
- Experience with using RMM and scripting tools creating roll out packages.
- 2FA Duo.
- Microsoft or Cisco Certifications desirable.