As an IT Support Analyst, you will be focussed on providing 2nd line infrastructure support on Windows, with additional support on Linux & MAC (training to be provided).
You will be working within a small team of analysts supporting the infrastructure and making sure all issues are being resolved. In this role, you will also be assisting the Head of IT in the development and delivery of IT Services with a focus on systems, networking and application support.
- Mainly 2nd line support with some 3rd line and providing assistance on 1st line tickets when members of the 1st line is off ill or on annual leave
- Logging and updating calls in the Service Desk Ticket system • Manage user accounts, quotas and group policies in active directory
- Install, Configure, Encrypt and Troubleshoot support queries for Windows, Linux, Mac and Unix desktops, laptops and external drives
- Windows Server administration. • Networking switches, routers and wireless access points and network infrastructure software
- Assist with large scale storage including NAS, direct-attached and backups
- Client security including firewalls, anti-virus and encryption
- Supporting the delivery and administration of LAN and WAN networks and security including Cisco router, switches and firewalls
- Advising on IT procurement requirements and raising quotes
- Supporting the team to deliver projects storage and backup solutions
- Data Centre Racking and Cat5/6 cabling
- Putting together and implementing project plans with the support of the ICT Services Manager
- Ability to coordinate repair of hardware failures
- Handle all service-related calls where every ticket is to be resolved against SLA’s to resolution
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and O365
- Windows 7/10
- Strong knowledge of backup methods and technologies
- Willingness to participate in application design, planning and implementation with clients and management
- 1st-2nd (70%) IT support across the entire IT infrastructure
- The ability to follow policies and procedures for the support desk
- Experienced with Windows with some knowledge on Mac OS
- Passion for IT and a keenness to learn (Hybrid systems)
My client is specialised in research with a unique computing environment using Windows (33%), Linux (33%) and Macs (33%). You will be part of a team that delivers ICT services that enable pioneering research to take place. The primary function of this role is to provide applications and computing infrastructure support.
If you’re experienced, highly motivated, hands-on individual with a drive to succeed and passion for personal development in different aspects of computing this is your chance to develop and deliver at the highest level.
- This opportunity offers a salary of up to £30.500 per annum
- Progressive training on varied hybrid systems
- Clear progression path