An award-winning MSP based in central London is hiring a Database Administrator to join their growing Infrastructure team. Sitting within the internal function, the ideal candidate will ensure the performance, integrity, and security of the businesses’ databases, as well as troubleshooting related issues. This is a mostly a remote position although the option to work flexibly from one of our local hubs as well as ad-hoc travel to other locations may be required on occasion.
- Install and maintain the performance of the database servers.
- Upgrade and manage database applications including implementing emerging database technologies.
- Develop processes for optimising database security.
- Set and maintain database standards including managing access.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors and issues.
- Create and manage database reports, visualisations, and dashboards using PowerBI.
- Create automation for repeated database tasks.
- Manage the disaster recovery aspects of the databases.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- PowerShell scripting skills.
- Familiarity with PowerBI, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.
- Three years’ experience in database administration, information technology or database architecture. (MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB).
- MCSE/MCSA preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server Environments with Cloud services a plus (Azure).
Reference code: JR213