Reporting directly to our Service Manager, the Field Services Engineer will join the Customer Operations Team as part of a team focused on delivering on-site technical resource for my clients educational institutions. You will be assigned a portfolio of approximately 15 schools and scheduled to visit 3 schools a day where you will provide both proactive and reactive technical support and consultancy. As the primary point of contact between the school and my client you will be expected to build strong relationships with the school Bursars and Heads.
Being part of the Customer Operations Team, you will be periodically redeployed back at the clients main office to assist our remote support team. While we will expect you to be able to work autonomously, you will be part of a team of roughly 15 Field Engineers and 4 Remote Technicians. Utilising unified communications, you will always have the ability to collaborate with your peers on issues ensuring the best grade of service to our valued customers.
- Network Troubleshooting (Hardware & Topology, TCP/IP).
- Understanding of Client/Server Applications.
- Desktop OS Installations & configuration.
- Hardware troubleshooting.
- Excellent understanding of desktop environments, including support for Microsoft Windows and Google Chrome OS.
- Microsoft Office 2013 to 365 (especially Outlook).
- Administration of Windows Server 2016 (especially Active Directory and Group Policy).
- Configuring and installing routers & firewalls.
- Exposure to ESS-SIMS beneficial.
- Mature and professional attitude towards working in a sensitive educational environment.
- Ability to work both within a team and be self-motivated.
- Logical approach to challenges.
- Able to manage multiple tasks effectively and deliver within specified time frames.
- Highly technical but customer focused.
- Must be presentable and personable.
Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant will need a full UK driver’s license will be required complete a DBS check.
Reference code: JR285