The IT team is responsible for ensuring that all the systems management applications run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Central to this is the IT Helpdesk team who provide day to day support to the users in person and online. Leading a team of 3 support engineers this role is to ensure support requests are effective managed throughout their lifecycle, providing business users with timely solutions and excellent customer service.
- Proactively managing the hardware and software environment to ensure a secure, stable and sufficient service at all sites and for all users.
- Direct line management of a support team of 3 including performance reviews and personal development pathways.
- Facilitating excellent customer service culture within the team.
- To be a point of escalation and source of knowledge for the team in relation to service desk queries.
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators for the area, identifying trends and creating plans to remediate issues and risks.
- Overseeing the assignment of all helpdesk queries, resolving and escalating requests and tickets if needed.
- Acting as an IT liaison with 3rd party suppliers and engineers that are on-site ensuring problems are resolved in accordance with SLAs.
- Owning the IT asset database. To include all relevant information required to track corporate assets. To include the procurement, rollout and decommissioning of hardware.
- Contributing to budget building for devices and infrastructure services. Budget tracking.
- Following testing scripts to check disaster recovery plans, business continuity tools and security.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of technology projects and initiatives.
- Proven work experience as a line manager.
- Managing incident and service request processes including incident and problem management.
- Supporting users in multiple locations in a cross-platform environment.
- Core Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN.
- MS Windows 10, Server 2012/2019 Office 365.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, ideally both on premises and on Azure.
- Experience with endpoint security, patching and asset management tools.
- VOIP Telephony ideally 3CX.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (maintenance and testing).
- Desirable; Microsoft SQL (basic support).
- ITIL Foundation Certification Accreditation.
- Microsoft Server MCP, MCTS or MCTIP.
This is one of London’s largest and most successful charitable social enterprises, operating 42 award-winning nurseries, including some in London’s most disadvantaged areas. They are highly focused and committed to giving all children access to high quality childcare, and the company invests all profits back into the business.
Reference code: JR235