The IT team is responsible for ensuring that all the systems property management applications run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Central to this is the IT Helpdesk team who provide day to day support to the users in person and online. Leading a team of 3 Support Engineers this role is to ensure support requests are effective managed throughout their lifecycle, providing business users with timely solutions and excellent customer service.
- Coordinate the service desk team members in their daily duties of attending to helpdesk tickets.
- Direct line management of a support team of 3 including performance reviews and personal development pathways.
- Facilitating an excellent customer service culture within the team.
- To be a point of escalation and source of knowledge for the team in relation to service desk queries.
- Reporting; define and compile the metrics required to manage the area, identifying trends and creating plans to remediate issues and risks.
- Overseeing the assignment of all helpdesk queries, resolving and escalating requests and tickets if needed.
- Acting as an IT liaison with 3rd party suppliers and engineers that are on-site ensuring problems are resolved in accordance with SLAs.
- Liaising other departments to ensure user requirements are fulfilled.
- Observe and assess helpdesk operational processes for their effectiveness, fine tuning making adjustments where necessary.
- Organising resources to facilitate office desk moves in coordination with other departments.
- Extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems and hardware.
- Team management and mentoring to aid development and learning.
- Driven to measure, improve and optimise processes and systems.
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively, at all levels, to maximise overall organisational health.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be innovative in approach and look for opportunities to improve.
- Excellent English (both oral and written) communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven work experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Managing incident and service request processes including incident and problem management and their effective resolution.
- Supporting users in multiple locations in a cross-platform environment.
- Core Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN.
- MS Windows 7/8, Server 2008/2012.
- Active Directory.
- VOIP Telephony.
- Desirable; Microsoft SQL (basic support).
- Experience with endpoint security tools.
- ITIL Foundation Certification Accreditation.
- Microsoft Server MCP, MCTS or MCTIP.
- Higher Education Qualification in Computer Science or Similar desirable.
My client looks after over £13bn of commercial property across their UK offices. They work on behalf of fund managers, REITs, private equity groups and foreign investors helping to ensure their assets work harder, delivering higher returns and better performance. They are growing and over the last 12 months have added some of the best, most dynamic property managers around to an already first class team. My client employs 420 people across various offices across the UK in London, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Newcastle and Glasgow.
Reference code: JR128