Our client is a secondary school located in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
The Apprentice will be responsible for general maintenance of defined computer equipment and for the resolution of identified technical problems.
- Install and test new software
- Make software available to appropriate users
- Keep record of licences
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly on all stations
- Check security updates are applied correctly to Workstations and Servers to prevent spread of viruses
- Share files as required by staff for pupil and teacher use
- Set up and maintain user e-mail accounts
- Troubleshoot problems with software as they arise
- Maintain, monitor and develop ICT systems and perform any necessary repairs
- Check new computer equipment on arrival and install as appropriate
- Maintain ICT inventory
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as teaching desk installations, scanners, printers, cameras, plasma screen, projectors; ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used
- Assist the ICT Team in the deployment of computer hardware around the school
- Keep a log of all technical faults and resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaise with external support agencies as required to resolve issues
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract
- Equip, maintain, and set up school hall installations for assemblies and meetings
- Maintain and support the wireless network
To be an ICT Technician Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English.
This 14-month Apprenticeship will allow you to receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Basic Knowledge or experience of diagnosing hardware and software faults
- Capable of installing and configuring common operating systems, primarily Microsoft Windows 7 Capable of installing and configuring Microsoft and other Applications
- Ability to carry out basic hardware repairs
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Ability to organise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to articulate effectively technical information to a variety of people with varying technical knowledge
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing and growing environment
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT889