Our client is one of the country’s leading independent secondary day schools for girls aged 11-18 and is a lively academic community with excellent facilities for all subjects. Public exam results are consistently outstanding and about half of all students, every year move on to Oxford and Cambridge.
- Monitor and maintain the school’s ICT systems
- Work with teachers and students to support the use of technology in the classroom.
- Assist with installing new and upgraded ICT systems as required
- Ensure the integrity of the Schools ICT system is maintained
- The reliable provision of the school’s ICT systems
- Ensuring a resilient platform is available for school’s ICT systems, and that backup systems are in place
- Resolving support issues
- Supporting school assemblies and other events
- Provide technical advice in support of the resolution of ICT incidents
- Work with the Network Infrastructure Manager to ensure escalated ICT issues are resolved.
- Work with the Network Infrastructure Manager in implementing ICT systems.
- Document the setup and configuration of all school ICT systems and ensure operating procedures are in place.
- Develop proactive procedures to ensure the smooth running of ICT systems.
- Monitor and maintain ICT systems and undertake action to ensure consistent delivery of ICT services.
- Resolve ICT incidents in a structured way using a Service Desk tool
- Ensure ICT changes are delivered in a structured way
- Advise on system enhancements and make recommendations for improvements or replacements.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure a resolution of ICT incidents, as required.
- Support the deployment of school systems as needed
- Provide advice and guidance on the use of ICT systems
- Ensure ICT documentation is kept up to date and record any changes to ICT systems.
- Ensure robust data backup systems are in place and undertake periodic testing of the systems.
- Assist in the selection, testing and acquisition of computer hardware, software and 3rd party application packages.
- Ensure that school policies are implemented and systems are in place to monitor and manage compliance.
- Ensure school policies and procedures are followed to maintain fully operational, robust and secure ICT systems.
- Run AV bookings as directed by the IT Support Team Leader.
- Completion of DSE Assessments as led by the IT Support Team Leader
- Maintenance of DSE Records according to school policy
- Work flexibly as required in support of the duties of the role with occasional weekend work.
- When to escalate service issues.
- What solution to apply in the resolution of incidents
The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties which might reasonably be expected and which form part of the function of the post. This post and its associated role will be subject to review on an annual basis, or:
- As a result of a change in Strategic management.
- As a result of significant changes in operational requirements.
- As a result of agreed staff development/career review needs/objectives.
- Within six months of appointment.
- MCSA, Degree level qualification, Apple Computers Certification, ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- Proven experience of delivering customer-focused ICT services.
- A strong technical understanding of ICT systems.
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving technical errors
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to users in their use of ICT equipment
- Experience of devising system procedures and policies
- Experience of working with a service desk tool
- Experience of working in education
- Experience of implementing Apple Computer technology in an educational environment.
- Experience in Project management
- Proven experience of server and network infrastructure
- Competitive salary
- Term-time holiday (same time as school holidays, a total of 25 days plus Christmas closure)
- Season ticket loan or bicycle loan
- Free lunches, tea, coffee
- Free use of the school’s sports facilities