Are you a talented IT Professional with strong Linux and VMware experience looking for an exciting new role?
Do you want to take ownership of the whole Linux stack in a 350 person organisation?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Infrastructure Engineer with lots of Linux experience for a rapidly growing wealth management business. You will be responsible for providing 3rd level support to the core compute and storage IT infrastructure. You will be part of a diverse organisation with huge opportunities and significant opportunity for continuous learning and progression.
With various technologies to work with, this is a role which will never get boring.
- Maintain optimal performance of both physical and virtual Linux servers and associated infrastructure.
- Maintain consistency and security patching of installed software and libraries required for in house and third-party applications
- Performance tuning and optimisation
- Clustering, high availability and load balancing
- MYSQL Database operations. DB backups, DB restore and optimisation.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of VMware vCenter and ESXi 6.x hosts.
- Manage Memory, CPU, I/O, Performance tuning and optimisation.
- High Availability, vMotion & DRS.
- Upgrading and Patching of VMware hosts, vCenter and VMware tools.
- VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) setup and maintenance/testing of recovery plans.
- Powershell/PowerCLI script maintenance and creation to assist with the automation of tasks.
You will have strong knowledge of and possess the following key competencies:
- Linux CENTOS (Linux+ or RedHat Certified System Administrator certifications beneficial)
- MYSQL Database administration(Install, backup, restore and optimise)
- Configuration and maintenance of the Apache, MySQL, PHP web hosting stack.
- VMware ESXi/SRM (VCP beneficial)
As an Infrastructure Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing 3rd level support to the core compute and storage IT infrastructure.
The focus of this role will be to provide 3rd line support for VMware infrastructure, Linux servers (virtual) and Microsoft servers (physical and virtual). The person filling the role will also be expected to provide maintenance to SAN and Backup environments, as well as being a technical lead on projects.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leading wealth management business, supporting 90 commercially independent practices that represent a mix of private client investment managers, stockbrokers and investment focused financial planners located throughout the UK. Their diversified business model and commitment to client service have seen them deliver extremely high-quality work to their clients. My client works with a diverse range of customers and technologies so has a lively environment full of new challenges. No two days will be the same.
Based in Central London, this college has an enviable location as you will be working in the heart of London with great facilities and opportunities abound.
The closing date for this role is 7/5/20