Our client is a school academy based in Harrow, that aims to prepare its students to reach their full potential, with core values of Excellence, Respect, Aspiration, Enjoyment and Perseverance.
They are looking to recruit a customer-focused, technically talented apprentice to join their IT support department. Your role will be to work with the current IT support team dealing with requests and incidents.
- Logging and managing incoming requests for support via the helpdesk system, phone, walk-ins, and email
- Maintaining good communication with users and providing timely updates on progress
- Escalating incoming support calls to other members of the IT or other departments/suppliers as appropriate
- Managing the allocation and booking of resources
- Providing first and second-line IT and AV support services to the schools’ staff, pupils, parents, and guests
To be an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C, 4-9) including Maths and English.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £13,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Teamwork skills
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills to relay information to non-technical colleagues
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- A calm person
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for problem-solving
- Initiative and a “can-do” attitude to learning
- Keen interest in IT
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT923