Our client is an successful construction company based in Horley.
The key responsibility of the Apprentice is to ensure concise and accurate logging and management of all IT, Network & Telephony incidents and requests reported to the Desk. They must ensure calls are resolved to the highest quality within agreed target times while meeting customer expectations.
- Responding to, categorising and generating helpdesk incidents in a timely manner
- Providing 1st line technical support for all company staff
- Providing resolutions, workarounds, and advice/training to all users of the IT Helpdesk service
- Triage and prioritisation of tickets as appropriate, in accordance with departmental SLA’s together with escalation to 2nd and 3rd line support (both internal and external) of tickets as appropriate
- Escalating to 2nd/3rd line support, where required and managing through to resolution
- Troubleshooting a range of software and hardware issues across Windows and Mac platforms.
- Configuration of laptops, printers, mobile phones, and desktops.
- Assisting the team with software updates/deployment
- IT administration (process, procedures,
- Maintaining IT stock for new/replacement equipment in line with departmental standards and disposing of old/redundant equipment in accordance with specified procedures/regulations.
To be an IT Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C, 4-9) including Maths and English.
This 15-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £18,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- A breadth of understanding of IT hardware/software
- Experience and understanding of the use of remote access/remote support tools and Helpdesk systems
- A desire and willingness to learn, develop and adapt to new skills/techniques/technology
- A working knowledge of ITIL and associated methodology
- An understanding of OLA and SLA, their importance and impact
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JR272