Our client is an innovative Microsoft Gold Solutions Partner that provides managed IT support services and solutions exclusively to, and across the broad and complex terrain of, the UK education sector.
They are looking for an intelligent and hardworking individual to maintain the ICT network, alongside promoting the School’s use of Technologies as directed by the ICT Strategy Manager.
- Assist in Maintaining and administering school’s Parent App and Google Suite
- Support Windows 7 desktop environment by working both independently and as part of a team
- Knowing School network system infrastructure based on evaluation and research
- Upgrade network devices by liaising with vendors and services, planning and setting up lab environment, testing of PC and other network hardware and software, operating system management and defining system and operational policies and procedures
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request and protect School’s value by keeping information confidential
- Undertake appropriate School-wide tasks as agreed or directed
To be an IT Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C, 4-9) including Maths and English.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £12,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Supporting New Technologies systems
- Hardware maintenance
- Configuration and Software maintenance
- Provision of advice and assistance to users
- Supporting Local Area Networks Supporting Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Supporting multimedia
- Experience of Internet and email
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop a good working relationship with all staff
- A good understanding of the legal, security and moral issues relating to the use of New Technologies in schools
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to lead and manage projects
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT940