Our client is the national standards body of the United Kingdom, producing technical standards on a wide range of products and services and also supplies certification and standards-related services to businesses.
They are looking for a committed and professional individual to work within the IT Support team and assist in maintaining the IT environment from Audio/Video (AV), desktop to associated infrastructure to enable an efficient and reliable service is delivered to all users.
- Accountable for achieving 2nd level fix rate in accordance with departmental KPIs by developing and maintaining a good overall knowledge of the IT Services and Infrastructure supported by them.
- Obtain a good working knowledge of the company as a business and what its main reliance on the IT infrastructure is.
- Ensure all calls are effectively managed and owned through resolution and closure.
- Act as a team player to share information and knowledge to ensure service is consistent and at the highest level that can be achieved.
- Continuously strive to offer an excellent level of customer service.
- Provide hardware, software and end-user support as required and in-line with documented procedures/SLA targets.
- Ensure adherence to Group IT policies at all times.
- Accountable for raising changes in-line with the documented procedures and timescales.
- Assist in keeping up to date relevant IT Support system databases to ensure group information is up to date and accurate. This includes the Group Active Directory (AD) database.
To be aIT Assistant apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £18,000 / £22,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Outstanding customer service skills and must be team player focus
- Excellent computer skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Previous demonstrable experience of working in a demanding customer facing environment
- Holds current driving licence (desirable) and able to travel at short notice to other locations or as manager deems pertinent
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year so that this apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT857