The IT help desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the IT Lead is to provide a mixture of first and second-line support for all staff. In addition, the IT Lead will be expected to look after the company’s existing stock of hardware, ensure maintenance and growth of the infrastructure set up.
This is an ideal role for someone who is looking to either progress their career or is looking to utilise their existing skills in an established company.
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Ensure backups are performed according to the agreed schedule and that they are verified and recoverable
- Present any recommendations for new systems, implementation, migrations and outage plans including determining scope, costs, and timescales.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Designing and customising training programs and workshops for staff
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff suggesting improvements and efficiencies
- Managing and reporting on the allocation of IT budget
- Research, identify and recommend any changes to the overall infrastructure to improve the performance, cost or automation of manual tasks
- Responsible for the management of the network infrastructure such as access points
- Lead the management and maintenance of cloud and physical systems across the team
- Manage the stock of company hardware, laptops, and other IT equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Support administration of the company website (technical aspects) jointly with the Marketing & Proposal Coordinator
- Ownership of the maintenance, administration, and development of our communications and teleconferencing systems
- Management of our IT service providers network jointly with Operations Principal
- Management of compliance with and certification for cyber-security standards and policies
- Maintaining and executing (if needed) the IT disaster recovery plan
- Provide support around office duties when the wider team are on leave
- Support the Operations Principal with H&S requirements as need
- First-line IT support experience is essential
- Knowledge of the following programmes is essential:
- Office 365 (SharePoint, Excel, Word, etc)
- Windows 10
- Server Maintenance
- PC maintenance
- Support tickets and help-desk
- Network troubleshooting
Experience in a services/consulting company would be desirable but not essential.
Our client is a leading strategic economics consultancy spanning public policy and private sector strategy and investment. The sectors they specialise in include economic infrastructure (especially transport), energy, resource- and environment-intensive industries, water, and land-use. Their thematic areas of work include economic growth, trade and investment, urban development, sustainability and climate change, risk modelling, and management, financial modelling and valuation. In all their work, they put economics to good use in supporting important decisions and carrying the argument to implement them. The success they bring to their clients reflects a strong partnership culture, solid base of skills and analytical assets, and close cooperation with a large network of contacts. The foundations of the business are their values and mission-driven approach, world-class skills and their commitment to developing and maintaining cutting-edge techniques. These are housed in an independent, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, employee-owned business based in London.
- 35 days holiday (43 if you include bank holidays, yes you read that correctly!)
- Share options available
- Brand new modern offices a stone’s throw from Euston Station and Kings Cross St. Pancras
The closing date for this role is 22/4/20.