The IT help desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The primary role and responsibility of the IT Manager is for day-to-day provision and management of IT hardware, software and cloud technologies to help the company’s international team of staff and consultants succeed.
In addition, you will be working across all areas of the business and will play a key role in shaping IT infrastructure and user culture. Whilst helping to deliver projects supporting the company’s infrastructure, compliance, security and cost efficiency and effectiveness, and will engage in IT project delivery to clients.
- Present any recommendations for new systems, implementation, migrations and outage plans including determining scope, costs, and timescales.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Managing and mentoring the 1st Line Apprentice
- Developing scope to expand the IT team further
- Designing and customising training programs and workshops for staff
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff suggesting improvements and efficiencies
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Research, identify and recommend any changes to the overall infrastructure to improve the performance, cost or automation of manual tasks
- Lead the management and maintenance of cloud and physical systems across the team
- Manage the stock of company hardware, laptops and other IT equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Support administration of the company website (technical aspects) jointly with the Marketing & Proposal Coordinator
- Ownership of the maintenance, administration and development of our communications and teleconferencing systems
- Management of our IT service providers network jointly with Operations Principal
- Management of compliance with and certification for cybersecurity standards and policies
- Maintaining and executing (if needed) the IT disaster recovery plan
- 5-10 years’ in an IT Management role
Knowledge of the following programmes is essential:
- Office 365 (SharePoint, Excel, Word etc)
- Windows 10
- Skype / Microsoft Teams
Experience in a services/consulting/government organisations would be desirable but not essential.
• 33 days holiday
• Non-contributory pension
• Holiday buy-back scheme
• Private medical
• Flexible working
Reference code: JR142