Our client is one of the fastest growing IT Support and Cloud Services providers in the UK, serving small and medium-sized businesses.
They are currently looking for a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice to join their growing team. The main purpose of the role will be to undertake first line support activities for customers, whilst undergoing training to provide excellent customer service by resolving customers’ technical queries submitted by telephone or email
- Assess IT issues raised by customers to ensure full understanding of the problem
- Diagnose the cause of simple problems in order to identify the most appropriate fix
- Assess alternatives to resolve the problem and recommend the most effective, robust resolution, deploying the resolution under supervision as required
- Check that the problem is fully fixed and has not had any adverse impact on any other matters
- Escalate complex problems, giving a full explanation of resolutions attempted
- Identify recurring problems and escalate to senior colleagues to identify the underlying cause
- Follow the company’s processes in relation to problem resolution and escalation to minimise the chances of inadvertent errors
- Log client problem issues accurately and fully in service desk system
- Keep accurate records of time worked on issues in Company’s time recording system
To be an IT Service Desk Analyst Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with AS- level or equivalent education; A level or equivalent is preferred.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £13,000 / £16,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications.
- Problem Solving
- Quality Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Working under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Customer Service experience in a professional environment, ideally telephone based
- Problem solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Demonstrated interest in IT
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
What the company can offer you
- An open-ended contract of employment – they’re committed to you for the long term!
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills
- 23 days’ annual holiday plus public holidays
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Ongoing focus on training and development
- Social committee that organises quarterly social events (karting, bowling, pizza evenings and other exciting events)
- A vibrant London office
- Exceptional career progression opportunities
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT859