Are you a 1st/2nd line support engineer that wants to progress to being a Service desk analyst team leader?
You will ensure the 1st Line Service Desk Team deliver excellent customer service, communication and making sure our internal customers back up and running when they experience issues with their IT. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving help requests as well as escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to deliver within the agreed service level.
About the Role
One of our core priorities across all parts of the business is delivering an excellent experience every time to every customer, internal and external. Our service style is being easy, reliable and empathetic – which you will make a central part of your role.
This is a key role in the front line delivery of IT support, acting as the first line service desk team leader, ensuring the delivery of an excellent service to our users in relation to IT Support.
In particular, you will:
- Lead the first line service desk team in providing a high quality, professional, effective and customer focused service.
- Manage requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Build strong relationships and capture incident details from service desk customers.
- Prioritise and schedule incidents. Escalate incidents (when required) to the second and third line teams.
- Follow incident and service request procedures.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Undertake daily monitoring of backups, escalating promptly any failures in line with agreed procedures.
- Assist in software releases, roll-outs and communication.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups as well as configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problems has been adequately resolved.
- Deliver to specified SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Perform administrative duties such as setting up new login accounts, ordering new equipment, etc.
- You will be totally committed to delivering excellent customer experience – being easy, reliable and empathetic in the way you deal with customers, and colleagues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on relationship-building and delivering excellent customer service.
- Highly computer literate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the enthusiasm to impart this knowledge within Catalyst.
- Ability to lead and develop staff across different geographical locations.
- Ability to influence at both a peer and senior level within the business.
- Demonstrable Service Desk support experience working with and for customers in order to resolve their IT needs.
- Skills in fault diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Ability to analyse issues, potential impacts and risks to the business, and to prioritise workloads and resolve/escalate accordingly.
- Aptitude and willingness to rapidly learn new technologies.
- Ability to work flexibly and in isolation whilst working closely with Information Technology colleagues.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware such as PDA, Tablets and thin-clients.
- Experience with desktop operating systems and software, including Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, VMWare View.
- Application support experience with standard housing association applications such as Orchard, QL, Universal and IBS considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of basic networking technologies including monitoring and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of day to day administration and support of telephony systems such as 8×8 considered an advantage.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
- Significant personal drive balanced with a passionate, engaging, encouraging and motivating approach.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and deliver tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- The Service Desk service is available between 08:00 and 17:30 Monday – Friday and working of variable shifts within this window will be required to deliver this.
This role is subject to a Basic DBS Check.
Reference code: JR245