Do you want to work for a prestigious British institution within a vibrant technical environment?
Our client, a well-known British institution are seeking a passionate and driven individual to join their service desk team. The role will involve providing level 1 and level 2 support to around 400 users based in Central London.
- Administer the IT Service Desk support system: logging calls for support, fixing known issues, researching problems and escalating difficult problems to suppliers.
- Supporting the maintenance of the asset register for hardware, software, and related documentation.
- Assisting with the general support and maintenance of IT hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Working with the team to provide support and maintain server software, desktop software, and remote access devices and provisioning new hardware for staff.
- Supporting IT with the allocation and management of IP addresses, DHCP, administration, and support of LANs/WANs.
- Support the management of projectors, screens and other AV devices used during events and supporting said programs.
- An aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- ITIL processes and components of the Service Desk.
- Software Asset Management processes.
- Microsoft Office 365 applications and services.
- Good customer service ethos and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent phone manner and writing skills.
A well-known educational institution based in the heart of the city. Leaders in innovation within their field. They pride themselves on pushing boundaries within learning. They have a relaxed and sociable culture, valuing technical excellence and innovation.
The closing date for this role is 23/4/20.