My client is one of Europe’s largest independent equities brokers. It provides institutional investors with research and trading in European equity markets. It is renowned for its focus on quality and premium client service.
There are over 200 people working in London, Paris and Madrid, and a team in the US.
The successful candidate will form part of a five-person user support team, participating in the critical day-to-day IT service and support of the business. This team is part of the wider Technology team, which includes IT Operations, Infrastructure, Development and Projects. The role reports into the Head of IT Security.
This position offers a great opportunity to own the critical user support function, develop new solutions, improve current systems and push the quality of the user experience forward as part of a dynamic team who embrace Agile and DevOps principles.
The candidate must be prepared and willing to come into City of London office, starting at 6:30am every day as onsite support is currently a crucial requirement for the business.
- Support all functions of the business and be accountable for standards and timeliness of support query resolution through personal endeavour.
- Accurately record and provide fast response support to queries, escalating where required but retaining ownership of issues
- Perform troubleshooting and issue resolution activity in both end-user and back-end environments, including installing and updating hardware and software.
- Scheduling of preventative maintenance, including workstations, telephones and printers. Deploying software, service packs, patches, hot fixes and security updates.
- Maintain systems critical to user support and service delivery, such as the helpdesk system, the hardware inventory, and all necessary support procedures.
- Liaise with external IT support partners to ensure maximum system availability, reliability, stability, and efficient user support.
- Create and maintain all user documentation and user communications.
- Undertake project work over the long term, assisting with the rollout of new remote-working solution
Key Skills / Profile
- At least 3 – 5 years prior experience successfully providing exceptional IT and user support.
- Service-oriented approach and a demonstrable understanding of user and business needs gained from strong user support experience.
- Team player, but efficient working independently
- Self-starter, quick learner, and able to work under pressure to self-imposed deadlines, whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, experience servicing business demand and communicating with different business groups.
- Methodical problem solver, comfortable working independently and confident working to SLAs.
- Experience within a trading environment would be an advantage.
The successful candidate should have strong end user support experience in the majority of the following technologies:
- Windows desktop/laptop environments, Windows 7-10, computer imaging
- Microsoft Office 2010-2016, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Endpoint and email security, anti-virus, anti-spam technologies
- IP telephony, IP video conferencing, AV systems
- Mobile smartphone telephony, mobile device management, iOS
- Windows Domain, Active Directory and Exchange account management
- Networked peripherals, printers and scanners
If you are immediately available and can interview next week please send your CV to email@example.com
Please ensure you meet all the client requirements before applying.
Reference code: JR177