Our client is an award-winning solicitors firm based in Southend on Sea.
They are looking for a full time IT Support Apprentice to join the team. They work in a time-sensitive environment that provides in house support to all colleagues within their firm.
They provide server, network and desktop technical Support via on-site visits, remotely and by telephone, including on-site installations. This will be in their offices from Southend to Stratford. The ideal candidate will be currently placed in an apprenticeship scheme, have good communication skills, strong problem-solving skills and be well presented.
- Assist in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of computing, photocopying, printing and telephone equipment.
- To install and configure software / hardware.
- To help produce and maintain I.T statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- Helping set up new starters on the system, help with desk moves.
- Carry out basic server tasks in a virtual environment.
- To work within schedules and deadlines.
- Maintaining logs for desktops and laptops.
- Escalating issues where necessary.
- Providing technical support to home/laptop users where possible.
- Provide on-site and remote support to users.
- Fault finding with all hardware/software issues.
- Virus removal.
- Provide technical assistance for software/driver related issues via telephone / email & remote support tools .
- Liaise with External App suppliers to identify & resolve driver / software related issues
- Manage small projects.
To be an IT Support Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £12,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Full UK driving licence
- Passionate about IT
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT892