Our client is a leading international services company that covers the entire gamut of technology solutions and services.
They are looking for a committed and professional individual to provide local IT support.
- Receiving and processing calls from our customer and 3rd parties both by telephone and email
- Raising fault tickets on our call logging application
- Troubleshoot 1st line Service Desk Incidents and Requests where possible
- Ensuring that call log data is accurately recorded and submitted in timely manner
- Proactive ownership of any calls that are raised on the system
- Managing and escalating calls appropriately in relation to the customer SLA levels
- Supplying customer and 3rd parties with timely updates on call progress
To be an IT Support Engineer apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSE’s (ideally A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) including maths and English.
This 14-month apprenticeship has a salary of £15,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar customer service or Helpdesk environment
- Knowledge of Citrix, VMware or Cloud beneficial
- Understanding of ITIL methodology particularly Incident, Problem and Change
- An understanding of the following is required: Microsoft profiles types, Basic networking principles
- Excellent time management
- Excellent customer liaison skills, exhibiting tact and diplomacy
- Self motivated
- Ability to work under pressure both within a team and as an individual
- Excels within a multi-tasking environment
- Co-operative and flexible team player
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT851