Our Client is a solicitors firm, whose main office is in the city centre of Chelmsford
The purpose of the IT Support Technician Apprentice is to provide support to the firm consisting of approximately 100 users. You will work with their small internal IT team as well as alongside their external IT network company.
In return, they can offer you a varied role with lots of practical learning experience with the opportunity to develop the role as you gain knowledge on the job.
- Monitoring and dealing with IT issues coming into the internal helpdesk and recording their solutions for future reference
- To provide phone, email and in-person support to staff
- Liaising with external software suppliers as appropriate
- Dealing with printer, scanner and copying issues, ordering consumables and liaising with external support engineers
- Monitoring and maintaining asset register containing details of all hardware and software held by the firm
- Setting up new equipment (PCs, laptops and mobile phones) and upgrading existing
- Setting up user accounts in Active Directory and on other system and maintaining user roles
- Testing and servicing equipment
- Updating company website and intranet
- Preparing meeting rooms for internal seminars/webinars
- Data inputting/cleansing
To be an IT Support Technician Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £12,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills to relay information to non-technical colleagues
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for problem solving
- Initiative and a “can do” attitude to learning
- Keen interest in IT
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT900