You will be responsible for the delivery of Technical Software training (50%), the lead on Curriculum (20%) and the rest of the time coordinating and working closely with key stakeholders around continuous improvement.
This role will entail training learners that are starting and growing their career paths as a Software Developer both privately and funded and apprenticeship learners. The training will involve a mixture a mixture of classroom-based training in our Centre in Aldgate London, alongside remote learning that can take place from home. Just IT have harnessed the latest technologies to provide a remote learning product that means our learners can benefit from all our training and development programmes wherever they are. We use the latest Online Learning Platforms, such as GoToTraining and (Citrix GoToMyPC), Zoom and or Microsoft Teams to allow completion of practical’s on high-spec machines.
You will work alongside the Operations Director for the Training and Development department and the Service Delivery Manager for Apprenticeships to develop the training methodologies currently used within the business. You will adapt different ways of working and be able to establish individual learning needs and introduce new ways of working. You should identify best practices and bring individualism and personality to a standardised course.
Having a strong knowledge in these languages is essential as you will be taking the lead for our full range of courses. If there are exceptional skills in similar languages, upskilling in any gaps in knowledge will be available to you.
- Overarching responsibility for the content of all Development courses across the business.
- Ensuring all curriculum is up to date and in line with market needs and industry standards.
- Ensuring quality of teaching learning and assessment within the department.
- Leading the launch of new products/programmes.
- Recording and reporting on activity to management in a timely and professional manner.
- Motivate and encourage learning and development in your learners.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure candidates progress towards completion and employment.
- To oversee the development and progress of the technical skills for all Development learners.
- Actively developing new initiatives and training methodologies to impact candidates learning.
- Developing effective training plans to establish the needs the learner and keeping the course material relevant to industry.
- Ensuring that Just IT Training is perceived within the market as a high-quality provider of learning.
- To respond to learners within 48 hours of them requesting feedback/support on their project work portfolio.
- Minimum 2 year training experience in Software development, industry experience is also desirable in addition to training experience.
- 1-2 Years training at a senior level.
- Experience in new programme roll outs, ideally utilising public funds.
- Highly motivated, persuasive, persistent, and patient.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within a training capacity.
- Be professional and be able to gain people’s confidence, putting them at ease.
- Experience in developing learner progression through a series of learning stages.
- Team player – willing to contribute to the business unit.
- This role is heavily focused on training, assessment, reporting and development. The ability to provide effective feedback is essential.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good initiative.
- Have good administrative skills, be flexible, adaptable and be able to cope under pressure.
Key Technical Skills
- Minimum 2 years training experience in Software development, IT industry experience is also desirable in addition to training experience.
- Experience in learner development is essential.
- Relevant qualifications in Software, ideally at degree level.
- Previous Curriculum development is desirable Knowledge and experience of using either Asp.NET and C# is essential.
Since 2001 Just IT has helped over 10,000 people launch their careers in the Tech and Digital industries and supported their further development with our blend of training and recruitment services. Our mission has always been to make IT happen, but as the business grows, we must continue to put our people at the centre of our strategy. We are seeking someone with a passion for their work in administration.