Our client lives and breathe Apple Macs. They are one of the top support providers in London, and their reputation for excellence has been earned by working with some of the best-known names in business; including the Institute of Directors, Conran Design Group, The Daily Mail Group, Procter and Gamble, Met Police, Snow & Rock, Selfridges, Scouts Association, Liberty, Estée Lauder and Asos, amongst others.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for IT or worked in an IT environment. We envisage that the candidate will be learning engineering tasks as soon as they are able to demonstrate that they have mastered basic office skills like answering the phone and using Commit, our client ticket logging system.
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the delivery of networking solutions
- Providing remote and desk side support to all customers (dealing with high volumes of incidents/requests and other queries raised via the self-service portal, telephone, email)
- Resolving a high percentage of incoming support queries as swiftly with an emphasis on delivering excellent customer service
- Experience with LAN Infrastructure
- Escalating WAN outages to the MPLS provider
- Logging and closing issues on the internal ticketing system
- Working closely with more senior colleagues to develop your technical knowledge
- Desktop Support/Windows 10/MAC OS
- Mobile & Laptop support
- Verifying that network devices are reaching their maximum speeds when connected, and ensure all services on the network are available
- Assisting with network design by visiting client sites, taking briefs and discussing best methods with more senior colleagues
- We replace and configuring switches, installing and updating Firewalls and routers
- Visit client sites to perform/assist with installs
- Visit client sites to carry out/assist with health checks/audits
- Conducting weekly server checks, daily server checks as well as a monthly check for some other services and systems, and will test (and adjust where necessary) the network performance
- Checking faults in the network with different diagnostic tools
To be an Network Engineer Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English. Candidates with ICT or Computer Science A Levels, BTEC or an level 3 apprenticeship in IT would be at a real advantage.
This 20-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £18,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 4 IT qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possesses some knowledge in IT and networking
- Enthusiast about starting a career in IT
- Logical thinker
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT890