Our client is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. They are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so their work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Their expertise and capabilities cover: Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates their company culture. They believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and they passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Based in their Wakefield office, they are seeking a Senior IT Administrator to work within the existing IT team to provide support internally and some sister companies within the group. The successful candidate will work alongside the IT Managers and IT Administrators to fully support strategic objectives and ensure excellence within the area of software packaging/deployment, patching and license compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The right person will be required to be hands on.
- Have strong support experience within a Microsoft environment.
- Have experience with packaging software for deployment.
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Applications, including Intune, Teams and SharePoint.
- Have a good working knowledge of license compliance.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Intune deployment packages, patching.
- Understanding of FAST (or similar) software licensing guidelines.
- Experience of operating system image deployment.
- Experience of application packaging and deployment.
- Microsoft Windows desktop patching experience.
- Understanding of security patching schedules/patch release schedules.
- Ability to mentor and manage junior colleagues.
- Experience of ManageEngine Desktop Central.
- Experience of Microsoft SCCM.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AutoPilot.
- Microsoft 365 Teams and SharePoint.
- Microsoft Windows 10/11 desktops.
- Microsoft 365.
- Active Directory.
- Desktop Central.
Apply now to Just IT and we will review your application. If you are suitable for the role, we will be in contact to discuss this opportunity.