Our Client, AB Foods, is a multinational food processing and retailing group with operations in 50 countries across Europe, southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia. They are currently recruiting for a new Service Desk Analyst Apprentice.
The company has been recently featured in LinkedIn top company list 2019. The article can be found below and it provides information on why AB Foods is one of the top companies to work for:
The purpose of the role is to enable an effective IT support service by acting as a single point of contact for all IT issues and queries. Involves taking initial contacts from the SSC customer base and ensuring through a process of triage whether to resolve at contact or assign for resolution.
The role is based at the SSC in Peterborough and involves maintaining a high standard of communication and customer service through various contact channels.
Key Duties –
- Act as a single point of contact for all IT issues and queries
- Receive and log all customer contacts via multiple channels (phone, email, chat. self-service)
- Use probing questions and defined knowledge information to accurately log the details of the customers enquiry
- Troubleshoot tickets and make accurate decisions on the right path for resolution of the customer enquiry – including concluding as a First Time Fix or assigning to 2nd or 3rd party resolution teams.
- Use appropriate technology and technical knowledge to enable the accurate and timely diagnose of issues.
- Where appropriate used personalised decisions and actions to add value by resolving the customer’s enquiry at the point of contact.
- Provides timely and accurate updates to tickets.
- Where required ensure the timely escalation of complaints to the appropriate level.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service ensuring each contact provides a delightful customer experience.
- Create and publish support documentation and knowledge information and support the Team Leader in training of new staff.
- Any ad-hoc tasks assigned by Management
About you –
To be a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a starting salary of £12,000 per year but will be increased by £2000 after probation. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- General understanding of PC architecture
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems desirable
- Basic network and server troubleshooting skills desirable
- Intermediate PC troubleshooting skills desirable
- Immediate understanding of Microsoft Productivity tools (Office, Lync etc…) desirable
- A highly customer focused individual that proactively raises the profile of IT and the SSC within the customer environment they support
- Demonstrates a passion about customer service
- Dynamic and enthusiastic person who enjoys providing delightful customer experiences
- An excellent listener and questioner who is able to communicate clearly across all levels
- Projects a positive, friendly and professional persona at all times
- Ability to take a logical approach to fault finding and problem resolution
- Ability to both work as part of a team, and to carry out duties with the minimum of supervision
- An individual who has a “Can Do” attitude and is results driven
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher-level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 2000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other Apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT755