In this role, you will be responsible for taking on a number of roles in a small software development company based in Ware.
Beyond apprenticeship training, they will provide you with training materials and access to on-line training to get you up to speed as a valuable member of the team. As you progress through the year, your performance will be reviewed and rewarded if you excel.
- Work with Development Team in new product development, including design, coding and testing.
- Support team in production of documentation and UI guidance for new products.
- Ensures existing product documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Responsible for supporting Linux-based servers and related systems (web authentication, Docker management).
- Responsible for managing system and product updates for existing java-based proprietary software applications.
- Work with Development Team in managing web-based services, including Microsoft Azure services.
To be a Software Developer Apprentice you will have an A grade in GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent). Ideally at least one of Maths, a science or other technical/mathematical subject to A level.
This 20-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £18,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 4 IT qualifications such as;
- Software Developer Standard
- Familiarity with DevOps tools (Gitlab)
- Knowledge of one of Scala, Java or C#
- Knowledge and understanding of database systems and SQL
- Strong team player
- Excellent time management skills and a keen sense of responsibility
- Fast learner and keen to build on knowledge base
- Can clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally
- Displays a positive attitude
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
You will receive a quick increase in responsibilities in the company and pay, with regular assessment milestones (every 6 months), with a full time role and continued support for further academic apprenticeship opportunities following completion of a successful placement.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT855