Our Client is a flexible manufacturing facility in High Wycombe, set up to meet all their client’s PCB and Finished Product manufacturing requirements from hand crafted fast prototypes to volume production.
The Apprentice will gain an insight into Software Development and learn how software systems are maintained.
Key Duties –
- The apprentice should become familiar with the Linux-based servers and be able to act as the Administrator for the systems, including, adding users, configuring software applications and testing.
- All the servers are virtualised using VMware; the apprentice will become familiar with administering virtual machines.
- The database behind all of the systems is MySQL. The Apprentice will be required to create new databases and modify existing databases using the MySQL Workbench.
- The Apprentice will become familiar with the Knowledgetree document management system and will assist with the integration of its greater use throughout the company. This will include the setting-up of a document scanning system.
- The apprentice will be involved in the maintenance of the local area network, including cable routing and termination.
- There will be a number of software projects to provide management tools for the company, which will involve database and user interface design, as well as user documentation/instructions.
- The Apprentice should gain an appreciation, as to the way the systems are used within the company by departments, to enable the business to improve its productivity, as well as the technology behind them.
About you –
To be a Software Development Technician Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English.
This 16-month Apprenticeship has a salary of £12,000 / £14,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications such as;
- Software Development Technician
- Independent skills
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other Apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT819