As an IT apprentice at Google, you will develop the skills you need to become an IT Support Professional. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies.
You will join a team at Google and will be supported by a manager and a mentor for the duration of your 15-month apprenticeship. You will start in October 2021, rotating between training with our academic partner, which is part of the 20% off-the-job experience, and providing IT Support at Google for hands-on experience during your apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers to solve real life problems. You will learn how to apply problem solving skills to real life challenges, pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting multiple computing platforms, data gathering and analysis, automating repetitive tasks, remote infrastructure and fleet management, IT security and policies, and other industry practices.
We will equip you with everything you need to know to support our users. You will receive specialized training in networking, infrastructure and multi-platform system administration, and you will develop further skills through hands-on experience in communication technology (video and voice), hardware, mobile devices and project management.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures lead to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into our unique enterprise and corporate culture.
As part of the application process, please visit: https://careers.google.com/jobs/results/99433920124068550-information-technology-it-apprenticeship-engineering-fall-2021-start/
Applicants must apply on the link above for their submissions to be considered.
- Help support internal infrastructure escalating issues to appropriate teams as needed.
- Help support internal employees on all of their IT needs across a variety of platforms, including ChromeOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Attend required training and participate in mentoring sessions as specified.
To be an IT Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with five GCSEs at grade ‘A-C’ or ‘9-4’, (including English and Mathematics), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Mathematics/relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
Google and Just IT will be offering training and development of individuals looking to start a career in IT. We aim to build a pipeline for the next generation of IT and operations engineers, actively bridging the gap between technical employment and education.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Experience in customer service roles.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Effective communication and organisational skills, proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities.
- Exposure to an IT or a related technical field (i.e. personal projects, coding languages, operating systems, building computers/apps, volunteering with STEM organizations, etc)
- Passion for technology, demonstrated through extracurricular activities, hobbies, personal projects or online coursework.
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application, and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT910