The role of IT Support Engineer is to ensure that customer requests are dealt with quickly and effectively, whilst maintaining the high level of service that their customers depend upon. The role will expose candidates to a variety of technologies, requiring them to balance workload with project involvement. You will need to be a strong 2nd Line or 2nd/3rd line Engineer keen to work in a business where technology means everything. As well as excelling in customer service, you will be technical and keen to stretch your skills with the support of a great team.
- Answer requests for support in a prompt, professional and courteous manner, however, they are received.
- To manage calls according to the agreed process, escalating as appropriate.
- Outstanding customer service skills, both over the phone and in person.
- Resolve customer’s requests for support in a timely fashion, whilst preventing re-occurrence.
- To assist the team with the administration of the network and the services it provides so that an agreed level of performance is maintained.
- To assist fellow engineers within the team by providing guidance and technical training where required.
- To co-ordinate the team activities to ensure fluent and efficient service is maintained.
- To maintain support levels to meet the customer’s individual needs.
- Excellent written, documentation, and verbal communication skills.
- At least two years working within a Managed Service Provider/MSP, or IT Support Company in a help desk/service desk position.
- Experienced with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Office 365.
- Experienced with Active Directory and Windows Server administration.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V, SQL, PowerShell, and Exchange.
- Able to work well individually, as well as part of a team.
- A keenness to learn.
- Able to follow procedures and processes diligently and be able to write these for other team members to follow.
- Experience supporting some server faults, providing diagnosis for errors, and communicating with third-party support services or escalating to 3rd line engineer.
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Experienced on Support Ticketing Systems
Our client is a leading IT Cloud Services and Support Provider. Their mission is to make IT support as stress-free as possible and a growth enabler for business. They have dedicated over 20 years to deliver award-winning, exceptional service to small and medium and large enterprises. They work with all types of organisations, from small start-ups to established household brands. They support their clients all over the world, from London headquarters.
- This opportunity offers a salary of up to £38,000 depending on your experience.
- Standard working hours from 9:00 to 17:30
- Pension Contribution
- MCSE/MCITP training opportunities, covering study material, study leave and exam costs.
The closing date for this role is 11/4/20