Our client is a web development agency based in Southend, Essex.
They are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to fill the role of Apprentice Web Developer within their growing team. This is an incredible opportunity to equip you with the fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to fast track your career in becoming a Web Developer.
- Back-end web development, primarily for WordPress.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement of current and future projects.
- Collaborating with our developers, designers and marketers to deliver rounded business solutions.
To be a Web Developer Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* – C) including Maths and English.
This 18 month Apprenticeship has a salary of £10,000 / £12,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 4 IT qualifications.
- Independent skills
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Problem solving skills
Desired skills (preferable but not essential)
- Basic knowledge of PHP.
- Basic Photoshop & Illustrator understanding
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- The right candidate must be a self-motivated individual.
- A strong ability to prioritise according to relevance of importance.
- You must possess a passion for the web development industry.
- Innovative thinking
- Be committed and keen to learn.
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT863