Do you enjoy solving tech-related problems and thrive on helping people?
Our goal is to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness across our brands of companies (Facebook, internet.org, Instagram, Oculus and WhatsApp). Candidates must be passionate about technology, live for amazing customer service and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
If you have a real desire to get involved in a stimulating environment, we have an exciting opportunity at the heart of our internal IT support team. You will join our Enterprise Support Team, who are responsible for helping internal colleagues to resolve their tech issues to enable them to do their best work each day. This is an opportunity to start your ICT career off with us, to learn, to grow and to contribute to our ongoing story here at Facebook.
As an Infrastructure Technician apprentice at Facebook you will have the opportunity to work alongside our London based Helpdesk Team supporting our colleagues both in person and remotely through our different support channels. You will be the first point of contact for many different types of requests gaining experience troubleshooting multiple computing platforms including Mac, Windows, Linux, IOS and Android.
- Troubleshoot or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required until the issue has been resolved.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer focus and collaborative working for incidents and problems that are presented and escalated, as well as when necessary, being the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing mobile devices and application system environment (whether locally at the Helpdesk or remotely).
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of trouble tickets as you grow your knowledge of IT procedures, products, and services.
- Use performance reporting and user analysis to identify appropriate user training initiatives to ensure the highest levels of knowledge and adoption of technology in relation to the software and systems that Facebook utilize.
- Act as a stakeholder for driving enhancements and improving support for all Enterprise Engineering.
- Drive internal communication and priority within the business and Facebook headquarters to ensure consistency across the Enterprise Engineering Organization.
- Available to travel to other Facebook locations globally to support offices and wider Enterprise Engineering teams.
- Ability to provide engaging, informative, well-organized evidential feedback where required.
- Observe and comply with Facebook’s policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and Equality and Diversity.
- Continually promote equal opportunities, health and safety and customer care in compliance with organizational aims and objectives.
- Work proficiently with minimal daily guidance.
- Develop and nurture strong customer relationships with key business stakeholders to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for Facebook.
- Provide customer service expertise that is an example to the rest of your team in how to deliver customer focused service and constantly drive improvements in the ‘customer experience’.
To be an Infrastructure Technician apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with:
- Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths), Functional Skills
- Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
This is a 14-month apprenticeship. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Outstanding customer service and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Excellent computer skills (ICT / Computer Science (GCSE or A Level) = Desirable)
- Curiosity or experience in support and troubleshooting Windows or Mac OS platforms (Max OSX 10.10+, Windows 8 or above) including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android mobile operating systems.
- Curiosity or experience with setup and configuration of end-user desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, printers, phones, cell phones, and peripherals.
- Curiosity or experience working with cloud based file sharing services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, or equivalent.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Dedicated and passionate about growing & scaling an IT organization, keeping pace with Facebook’s explosive growth
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
After the apprenticeship
Over 90% of our apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an apprenticeship.
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other apprenticeships we have available.
Reference code: JT848