Hiring a Software Developer
Software developers are increasingly in demand as organisations across all sectors digitise. Digital is the fourth industrial revolution, and many employers are now looking to create their own developer team.
The primary role of a developer is building and testing high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers. They have the skills and knowledge to interpret design documentations and specifications in order to meet internal and external requirements.
A Software Technician works as part of the same team as the developer and helps to build simple web, mobile or desktop software components. These are used by other members of the team within a larger software development project. Technicians implement code developed by other team members, to produce the required component, as well as testing that component to ensure functionality.
What our clients say
Neil Hoskins – Mansys
We used Just IT to find an apprentice for us at ManSys limited. This was primarily to aid in the development of our applications. Just IT made the process so smooth, we’d be happy to hire more apprentices when the needs arise. We can’t recommend them enough.
Maya Tudor Global Apprenticeships Program Manager @ Google UK
Just IT’s dedicated coaches have proven really flexible in terms of the training our apprentices complete. Our partnership has helped set up the apprentices for success as future professionals in the industry.
Greg Gawthorpe End User Support Manager @ CMC Markets
I have used Just IT’s apprentices for approximately 7 years. The caliber of candidates is invariably high, and the mentors spend plenty of time with them to ensure they are on track at all times.
Karen Hedges Acorn Group
We have had two apprentices through Just IT. The service was attentive, and they supported them through their journey to completion of the qualification. We would recommend Just IT as a provider.
Our apprenticeship programmes
We’ve created a full-stack developer apprenticeship programme.
Over 18 months, using a holistic approach with modern tech, our programme covers:
- The software development life cycle and object-oriented programming
- Server:ASP.NET and MVC design pattern
- Database: SQL, NO SQL, Transact-SQL, ADO.net and LINQ
- Version control and testing
- RESTful API
Structured, spaced training allows learners to spend more time in the workplace to practice and apply what they’ve learned, rather than long stretches of time out of the office and then struggling to remember and apply.
Experienced Software Developer coaches support apprentices in the workplace to apply techniques they’ve learned and bespoke the training to the apprentices’ organisations.
Combined with our free recruitment service, this apprenticeship is a great way to build a pipeline of junior coding talent.
Who we work with
How to hire an apprentice developer
- You decide to hire an apprentice
- We work with you to find great candidates – either fresh into the workplace, or candidates who have already gained some great IT and tech skills on our intensive Developers Programme.
- Training, assessment & support – as your government appointed training provider, Just IT provides:
- A structured schedule of cutting-edge workshop training from our dedicated delivery centres
- 1-2-1 online or onsite coaching with industry experts
- A wealth of additional resources to bespoke learning
- A supportive dedicated account manager
- A holistic support service for apprentices
4. When the apprenticeship ends – your business decides whether to keep the Apprentice on as a newly-skilled full time employee.
Our team of apprenticeship specialists are waiting to speak to you about how we can support you in employing a Software Developer apprentice.Learn more