Our goal is to help school and college leavers throughout the year understand what technology opportunities are available to women and how they can get into these industries.
On Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd of November we hosted two webinars just for School and college students looking to find out more about career opportunities in subjects like Digital Marketing, IT, Software Development, Business Analysis and more.
Each webinar allowed students to:
- Hear from powerful individuals from big companies on their opportunities for September 2023.
- Learn about opportunities available to individuals in regards to Apprenticeships, allowing students to understand their options on getting their first job in an office environment whilst also receiving support and training.
- Gave students an opportunity to ask questions on apprenticeships to employers and our Apprenticeship experts on the call.
- After the webinar students can refer back to this webpage for up to date resources, and leave their details regarding apprenticeship opportunities so our team can support them at any point in the year.
Resources that can help
From Schools and Colleges Sessions – November 2022
- Mercedes AMG PowerTrains Careers Page (as highlighted by Helen Russell)
- Aiimi Careers Page (as highlighted by Charlotte Richmond)
- IMB School Leavers Careers Page (As highlighted by Jenny Taylor)
- IMB Skills Build Programme (As highlighted by Jenny Taylor)
- Channel 4 YouTube Channel (as highlighted by Lowri Roberts)
- CapGemini Apprenticeship opportunities (as highlighted by Bilyana and Nikol)
- CapGemini Current Apprenticeship vacancies (as highlighted by Bilyana and Nikol)
- Gov.uk Apprenticeship website
- Just IT Apprenticeship opportunities
- Hubspot – Introduction to Social Media Advertising
- Google – Google Digital Garage
- Coursera – Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content
- Moz – SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) Training Course
- Google – Google Ads Foundation
Infrastructure Tech (IT)
Women We’ve Supported
“Our team has evolved greatly. It was a continuous improvement process that has benefitted the wider team”
“The programme has helped me learn different aspects of coding, which I wouldn’t normally gain exposure to. I would definitely recommend apprenticeships”
“The apprenticeship allowed me to gain a qualification in an area I am invested in for my future. Furthermore, it has opened more doors than I had before I started.”