About This Course
Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Windows Server 2016, including Windows Server 2016 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part two in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2016 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 411: Administering Windows Server 2016, which is the second of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2016 credential.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2016 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2016 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2016 environments.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2016 R2 environment.
The key focus for students is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2016 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to Manage and Maintain a domain based Windows Server 2016 environment, providing skills in areas such as User and Group management, Network Access and Data Security. Candidates typically interested in attending this course would be
- Windows Server Administrators experienced in working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 who wish to gain skills necessary to perform daily management and maintenance tasks in a Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2016 R2 environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 411, Administering Windows Server 2016 exam
- IT professional wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
You and your employer will benefit from the ability to:
- Configure and Troubleshoot Domain Name System
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops using Group Policy
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server
- Implement Network Access Protection
- Implement Remote Access
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Implement Update Managements
- Monitor Windows Server 2016
Just IT Course Benefits
- Fully air-conditioned modern training rooms
- Experienced Trainers
- Tailor your course to suit specific needs
- Confidently ask trainers for support
For more information about our courses, dates and prices, click below.Contact us